a year of getting back in touch.

act one: me
act two: you
act three: everything else

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Catching Fire

Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. - P.J. O'Rourke

I've officially finished the first book for this week (and month). I'm slightly embarrassed (although I'm unsure why) to announce that the book I'm referring to is the second book of the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire. Holy moses. How are these books for children?

Some coworkers and I decided to start an at-work bookclub. We read the same book and then have awesome discussions during downtime. It's a pretty sweet idea, but so far we haven't been able to get too into it because someone hadn't read the books yet (me!). 

I'm already making progress on the third and final book of the series, Mockingjay, and I'm excited to see what crazy discussions come up in the next week.

Have you ever read a book (or series) you couldn't put down, even (or especially) if it made you slightly embarrassed to admit you loved it? (We already know you loved Twilight; tell me about something else!)

No comments:

Post a Comment