a year of getting back in touch.

act one: me
act two: you
act three: everything else

Saturday, January 14, 2012

And nothing but.

Delving into a personal discussion on what aspects of my life I would like to improve led to some serious brainstorming sessions. Throughout my frantic listing and note-taking and constant additions (often scribbled illegibly on bed-side tables late into the night) there were a few moral truths that seemed to arise again and again. These maxims often seemed vital to a certain theme, and came up often enough for me to jot them down.

And so I present to you my list of Fundamental Truths. I aim to keep these in mind with each of my tasks, daily or otherwise, and it is my hope that they will serve me well, especially in times of need and frustration.

Fundamental Truths
Trust your feet.
Just do it.
Remember to breathe.
There's always a solution.
In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
Write it out.
Let it go.
Courage is being scared, but doing it anyway.
Be present.
Give it/them/yourself a chance. (A second chance. A third chance.)
Listen to your body.
Make tea, not war.
Don't compare yourself to others.
All you need is love.
Now is all there is.


What about you? Are there any daily principles that you use as a moral compass? What are your fundamental truths?

No comments:

Post a Comment